Federal Budgetary Entity
Russian Federal Centre of Forensic Science of the
Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation
|Director - Doctor of Laws, Professor,|
Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation,
Honored Lawyer of the Russian Federation,
Honorary Worker of Judicature of Russia,
Svetlana Arkadyevna Smirnova.
RFCFS of the Russian Ministry of Justice is a federal budgetary entity. The purpose of the Centre is to provide protection of state interests and defence for rights and freedoms of citizens as well for the rights of legal entities through comprehensive, scientifically based forensic examinations and expert research.
The Centre is not the founder of any state or non-state forensic organisations, non-profit partnerships etc., including the "Board of forensic experts" and its member organisations.
Basic objectives of the RFCFS are:
- assistance to the bodies or persons, qualified to assign a forensic examination, in establishing the subject to proof circumstances of a specific case, as well in verification of crime reports through resolution of issues requiring special knowledge in the field of science, technics, art or craft through organisation and performance of forensic examinations and expert research;
- • to serve as the head of forensic institution for scientific and methodological support of examinations in forensic institutions of the Russian Ministry of Justice.
Main areas of the RFCFS activities are:
- production of forensic examinations in criminal, civil and arbitration cases and in cases of administrative offenses; forensic examinations and expert studies when checking reports of crime;
- scientific and methodic support of forensic examinations in forensic institutions of the Ministry of Justice of Russia; issuing the departmental publications in the field of forensic expertise and providing scientific and methodological materials to forensic institutions of the Russian Ministry of Justice;
- • training and attestation of employees of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation for expert specialties in the field of forensic expertise.
Service area: City of Moscow and the Moscow region.
Location address: Bolshoy Spasoglinishchevsky per. 4, Moscow.
POSTAL ADDRESS: Khokhlovskiy sidestreet 13, Building 2, 109028, Moscow.